Monday, February 9, 2015
Koran By Heart
My name is Nabiollah and I am from Tajikistan. I'm only ten years old but I have been taught to memorize the Koran. Not just certain parts but the whole thing. I was excited when I found that I had been chosen to go and compete in a competition in Cairo, Egypt with other people from around the world who had also memorized the Koran, but I was extremely nervous at the same time. When I got to Egypt for the competition my nerves really start to set in because i didn't realize how few people there would be around my age that were chosen to compete. I was determined to do well in the competition because the school where I was studying had been shut down by the government of my country. At the first round of the competition I was really nervous when I stepped up to the microphone. I didn't understand what was being said to me, but now I realize that they were telling me the rules. When I heard the verses that I was supposed to recite I relaxed because I knew that I knew them. I just closed my eyes and let my teaching and the gift that Allah gave me take over. I ended up with one of the highest scores and sent some of the people judging me to tears. Afterwards I was complemented on how beautifully I had done, but it was just so many people trying to talk to me that I became overwhelmed with the situation. At the final round of the competition I was awarded third place, but I was still chosen for the honor of reciting for the president of Egypt. Upon returning to Tajikistan a school that I had applied to when I found that my school had been closed gave me a full scholarship. At first they didn't want to accept me because I wasn't taught to read or write, but they were so impressed by how I represented our country. Me and my family were so excited and thankful for the opportunity for me to continue my education.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment